The good news is we sell used books! If you've got books you want to part with, these are our used book buying guidelines.
Here's what you'll want to know:
- Alas, we don't pay cash. We ONLY pay store credit. Usually between 10% and 25% of the cover price. Books in high demand have the most value. We offer no credit for books with little or no resale value. Think you can get a better deal somewhere else? You probably can!
- Email us at email@example.com if you'd like to make an appointment to bring in books.
- We have a one bag limit. Want to bring in more than one bag? Make an appointment! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help find a time that works for you.
- We only want books in good condition. Please-- no mold, underlining, tears, rips, dirt, dog bites, cat pee, crayon scribbles, etc. We're looking for books that are sellable, not just readable.
- We can't use most textbooks, library books, ex-library books, little free library books, encyclopedias, magazines, book club editions, or damaged books.
- We usually pass on series romance, out-of-date nonfiction, books we've got too many copies of, books from a section that's too full, most hardcover genre fiction more than a year past publication date, most paperback genre fiction more than 10 years past publication date.
- At this point we can't take donations of what we can't sell. We just don't have the space, staff, or book-eating dragon to deal with it all.
Thank you and please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.