The good news is we sell used books! If you've got books you want to part with, these are our used book buying guidelines. Please note that we will stop accepting used books for the season beginning November 21st. Thank you for your patience.
Here's what you'll want to know:
- Alas, we don't pay cash. We ONLY pay store credit. Usually between 10% and 25% of the cover price. Books in high demand have the most value. We offer no credit for books with little or no resale value. Think you can get a better deal somewhere else? You probably can!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make an appointment to bring in books.
- We have a 10 book limit for walk-ins. Want to bring in more than 10 books? Make an appointment by emailing us at email@example.com and we'll help find a time that works for you and our buyer.
- We only want books in good condition. Please-- no mold, underlining, tears, rips, dirt, dog bites, cat pee, crayon scribbles, etc. We're looking for books that are sellable, not just readable.
- We can't use most textbooks, library books, ex-library books, little free library books, encyclopedias, magazines, book club editions, or damaged books.
- We're sorry but just because you bought it from us, doesn't mean we'll want to buy it back.
- We don't accept used books from November 21st through December 31st or during events. Thank you for your understanding.
- At this point we can't take donations of what we can't sell and we can't hold on to books we reject for you to pick up. We just don't have the space, staff, or book-eating dragon to deal with it all.
Thank you and please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.